Friday, September 12, 2014

Kicking the baby to the curb.

Our boys aren't the car lovers that most people think babies are, they do not fall asleep after driving around the block, in fact, they do the opposite and scream for hours on end.  When we could, we would try to leave around nap-time so that we avoided as much screaming as possible, this isn't always a feasible task though.  The worst example of this happened as we were driving into Budapest, Baby B surprisingly fell asleep pretty quickly on our drive in, which was about a 45 minute drive from where we were.  However, he decided to wake up screaming a half hour later, then I took a wrong turn, then I got caught on a major street needing to make a left hand turn with no possible place to do it.  Eventually through all the screaming, my teeth grinding, my hands sore from choking the life out of the steering wheel, we arrived....almost.  Of course there was nowhere to park, after a half circle of the block, almost turning the wrong way down a one-way street the frustration got the best of me and I kicked my wife and Baby-B onto the curb!  In relative silence Baby-A and I cruised around for a few minutes and found a parking spot not too far of a walk away.  We loaded up into the stroller, grabbed as much stuff as we could and headed off to find Mom and Baby-B.  Apparently Baby-B stopped screaming the second after getting out of the car seat and was happy as a clam. Moral of the story, don't hesitate to kick your wife and baby out of the car, it can only end up for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment