Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Booking before babies

We decided we weren't going to brave our first flight with two lap infants...I know we're sissies, but we're also not rich, so we opted for buying a seat for one baby and flying one as a lap infant.  We came to find out that it is much easier said than done to book a flight while expecting twins.  Basically, booking a seat for an un-born infant can't be done, not in a straight forward way at least.  Lap infants are easy, just call back and add them in after their birth, but booking an actual seat is another story.  My first time dealing with United I was told I would have to call back after the twins were born and book another seat, if there is one available.  I asked if we could put in "infant" for a first name and change it later after they were born...nope, not possible.  After a little more digging I found a suggestion to book an extra seat for myself(like someone who physically takes up two seats has to do), I could then add both babies in as lap infants after they were born, and just use the extra seat for a baby as originally planned.  The tickets are booked, now we just have to hope United doesn't screw us over adding in the lap infants!

No comments:

Post a Comment